Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingMama View Post
The world is just so HARD. It is too expensive just to survive, let alone be stable or get ahead. The political and environmental issues are terrifying. I feel like I could deal with a lot of that if I had a network, or partner, that I connected with and trusted, but despite being in a relationship right now, I am alone and can't afford to move. Don't get me wrong, there are "good" moments, but I don't feel understood, loved, or valued, and he has some dark issues of his own that he can't deal with that can make him toxic at times. My son left a year and a half ago to live with his dad. He was tired of having to do his homework, having chores, and no Xbox. Basically he was tired of boundaries. Well, he promptly started failing all of his classes, wouldn't go to school, and his dad would do nothing. I haven't seen him since he left and now he has dropped out of school at 16 and his dad did nothing.....It brakes my heart.

I am just tired. Tired of always feeling the immensity of everything. I have two beautiful grandchildren whom I adore. But somehow it increases the feelings I have about the state of the world, and people on a spiritual level. I do not believe that I am blowing things our of proportion. I mean, we just have to watch the news to know that.....
I understand what you mean and make an effort not to listen to the news and when I do, I see accusations (and people being made fun of ) being hurled from both sides of the political spectrum like there is a spiritual or political (another country or countries?) entity or entities trying to divide our country. I cannot fix it but try not to get involved in the divisive thoughts or contribute to the divisions. Like you, there are things in my own home that I need to overcome. Also, there are groups and organizations in our country that are helping the needy. There are also many in our country that are doing well. I try to think of something I can do everyday to help, not hurt others. I consider just trying to do my job well, cleaning my house and cooking food for others part of the solution. As far as I am concerned, small things count!

I understand how heartbreaking it is to have a child who is not doing well. I know it is hard, but try to just acknowledge the things that are breaking your heart but not dwell on what you cannot fix. Perhaps focus on your grandchildren? It sounds like you cared and tried but sometimes that is not enough. I have experienced this and with some things, you have to try to train your mind not to dwell on the things you do not have power over. Though I pray for my family and children daily. IMO, if we think too much about what went wrong in the past, it does effect our stability. Please do not try to focus on the things you have no control of and know that there are many things we cannot control. All we can control is our reaction to our environment and the people we are with and try to cultivate hope that there is some sort of action we can take for a better tomorrow. Try not to let your thoughts become mired in your son's choices. Though we need to be encouraging when presented with the opportunity, try to remember that he is responsible for his own decisions and actions.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Skeezyks, StrugglingMama

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn