Thread: Disengaging
View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,879 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 09:50 AM

@Alive99 I just wanted to add this, which pertains to your thread about friendship, but didn’t want to derail yours and make it about me—

The two best friends from childhood— One, bff 4-6 grade, had actually kind of dumped me for a new friend she made and liked better. She didn’t exclude me from being with the her new better best friend , but I was then the third wheel. I didn’t really like the girl, thought she was super immature and annoying. The other, bff age 2-college roommate, had friction with my college boyfriend, so she distanced from us. After that, we moved away and lost touch for years. I later learned she had slept with my high school bf and had a relationship (the extent IDK) with my college bf behind my back. I tried to reconnect with her when I was newly married, but she basically blew me off.

Now, in my own defense regarding me having an emotional disorder… I think I handled these rejections with much grace. I think I showed high emotional intelligence. Heck, it took me a while to even recall how these relationships truly ended just now!

Hugs from:
Alive99, Breaking Dawn, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Alive99