View Single Post
Lizzie1813

Member Since Jul 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Definitely a combination of both medications and therapy. Truly. Also, it was important that I cut my drinking way way down. I don't think many people find solid stability when overusing recreational substances. Or for some, using them period! And that includes cannabis.

Alive99 mentions a couple very important things to learn and implement from therapy. Also important is developing more insight into the beginnings of episodes, which is sometimes hard, but with practice improves. Catching them quick is important since allowing full-blown episodes is not only painful or dangerous, but may eventually cause the kindling effect.
I wish I was better at catching early symptoms. I’m working with a therapist to try and get better at it. I’m manic right now and have been on an increased dose of Saphris for a week and a half. I know the medication will help eventually. For me, therapy is also a big help in coping with mania and depression. I’ve also started working in the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook which is really good.
Lizzie1813 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462