Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomama View Post
Sorry I had a dyslexic moment . He’s not sober I am. Like he has no desire to be sober . He has a desire to harm reduce , that’s not how I do things.

He’s not hearing me when I say I don’t want to hang out with him when he’s not sober so I just let it go. If he asks again I’ll repeat myself . I don’t want to be in a relationship with someone who’s not sober, it’s not good for my mental health. (Or someone who lives with his mom but that’s a different issue). He’s like this is sudden however we’ve been talking about this from the beginning. He drinks, he smokes, he uses marijuana, he doesn’t believe in God, therapy or medication. It’s not a match. He thinks I’m just pointing out all his faults. I’m saying he can’t support me .
I was in a relationship with alcoholic. He insisted because he is highly functioning like gainfully employed and has a nice life on surface, his drinking should not bother me. Please. How can it not bother people? He’d try to quit but never really made a serious effort do he always relapsed. It was hard to end because he also believed I am just pointing his flaws and finding things wrong with him. No I was just saying since he couldn’t stay sober, I couldn’t stay with him

I am married to a man now who doesn’t touch any mind altering substances and what a difference. It’s a blessing.

I hope you can get rid of him
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
leomama