View Single Post
RDMercer
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2013
54 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 09:08 PM

Poshgirl, I'm sorry for what you're carrying. Truly sorry.

My wife has had a chronic long term (years) illness. I've been the sole income earner for a long time, and take on more than half the parenting and household chores.
She went through surgery last month, and one of our kids, and they are both recuperating. Kid had bern sore for a year with multiple ER trips. I took him to all of them.

Wife's friend lost her husband, so I've helped with that home and yard as well. Elderly family members need support, and they have no one else nearby within 60 minutes, so I've picked up some responsibilities there.

I didn't think I had too much on my plate until I wrote that out just now. That looks like a lot.

My blood family.... One parent had health issues and was an alcoholic. I didn't accept I was GIVEN, a lot of responsibility by the other parent. Despite traumas, losses, whatever, I met my family responsibilities and passed everything in school. I worked the whole time, since middle school.

I'm good at NOT talking about my emotions.

I also have always felt like other people's emotions and needs were more important, and that I had to fight to be heard.

So for the last month or so here, I've been a d.ck. If my wife says, "I need some support," I'm replying, "Why do you always find fault? Why can't you give me some credit for all I'm doing?"

I don't want to be like that.
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Alive99, Discombobulated, poshgirl

Thanks for this!
Alive99, Discombobulated, poshgirl