Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2021 at 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJean View Post
Alive99 I totally related to what you said "What I do know is that outside help like the above was awesome because it gave me extra energy and lifted my mood". I have noticed that myself in my life. I'm working on asking people for what I need more often. Sometimes just asking if they have time for coffee or a zoom chat during covid helps me feel more connected. I'm by far no expert, but sometimes I use work as a way to avoid having to be vulnerable.

Thanks for being vulnerable here.

Thanks for your comment.

Yeah, I think it requires taking a kind of responsibility to be able to say all this out loud.

Hm. It would be nice if I could ask people to go with me for a coffee.

Not many people to ask here tbh. Even though yes it would probably help with mood some, though probably would not help enough.

What I meant by outside help was someone actively paying attention to me doing the tasks I need to be doing. But specifically either IRL attention or if online then a pretty strict approach, not too informal. Actively checking on what I've done, and in a kinda structured and regular way.

In the former case I just feel like someone cares and that lifts my mood enough to do things. In the latter case I just feel the obligation strongly enough to be able to come out of my head and do what I have to do.

I don't know if that made sense.

Do you or anyone else have any idea where to look for this? Again, being informal accountability partners is not as effective for me, I've tried that already.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, hvert, TJean