View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM

Here's Helen. My new kitty. Vet recommended an Elizabeth collar for 10 days!!!! And antibiotics twice a day. She is not easy to give antibiotics to. I am used to Esther who would let me open her mouth and shoot the medicine down her throat. This little girl barely opens her mouth and then spits some of it back out! I hope she is getting enough to be useful. She is having a hard time with the collar. She hasn't really eaten much yet or drank much of anything. We have her in the guest bedroom. My dad opened the curtains so she can lay on the bed and look outside. She seems to like that. Her incision is pretty small but I have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get red or puffy. Amelia either doesn't know there is a new cat in the house or doesn't care. Esther would have been back there sniffing under the door. Helen hasn't meow-ed yet so maybe Amelia hasn't noticed. I did have her sniff my T shirt which had Helen's scent on it last night and she did and looked puzzled and then went back to letting me pet on her. I really hope they get along. My Dad is watching Helen for me today while I am at work. Tonight I hope to bring her into the living room and see how she does. Amelia will likely be outside and so it will be an introduction to Emma, Mom's dog. We will probably put Emma on a leash so she can't get to Helen and see how Helen reacts to the dog being in the room. And treats for both. Helen is very cuddly and lovey just what I wanted. I hope she doesn't end up spending all her time outdoors like Amelia though. I want a cat that will cuddle with me when I watch TV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Helen.jpg (359.8 KB, 12 views)

Hugs from:
junkDNA

Thanks for this!
12AM, Angelique67, Blue_Bird, junkDNA, newtus, Sometimes psychotic, unsure123