Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2021 at 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I am a SEO professional. This forum ranks #2 for the search term, "psych forums", which receives 700 searches/month. The site no longer is associated with loads of mental health articles as it had been with Psych Central, which could be a reason why it does not rank for the much higher search volume term, mental health forum (which gets 6K searches/month). High quality and relevant content is a top ranking factor, which would impact the site's ability to rank for this more competitive keyword.

The site also does not target the keyword, mental health forum, in the page title tag, and the home page is missing an SEO optimized H1 heading tag, so it will be more difficult to rank for this keyword without either of those elements optimized for SEO.
Yes, and these are simple remedies.

Obviously different people use different search terms when looking up things. I'll admit that I would likely never ever use "psych forums" to look for such forums. But that's me. And obviously from your analytics, Have Hope, that's not a whole lot of other people, either. I'm glad you chimed in.

Then there is also "retaining" members and getting new visitors to become more involved at a website, or even post once. And having a good balance of supporters and ones who need support. I see this thread as support. @BethRags, thank you for posting it, even if it doesn't, in the end, make a bit of difference.

"Community Feedback" doesn't always have to be adulation. And constructive feedback can often be a kind gift, not something to be defensive about.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Jun 16, 2021 at 05:19 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote