Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2011
2,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2021 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
what would you say was the hardest time in your life?. how did you get through it?
This might sound like a pretty high class problem, but when I was living in Germany I booked a summer vacation to Crete (a beautiful Greek island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea). A woman I lived with had broken things off with me a few months before, & I thought getting away would make time go faster. I was already morbidly depressed before I left, but vacationing alone made matters even worse. While there was much to do & see, I spent the entire 10 days holed up in my hotel room drinking all day...with the TV blaring American programs dubbed in Greek. I've never felt so utterly alone. So far from the States...unsure if I'd ever live long enough to return.

To be honest, I'm not sure how I got through it. My drinking was out of hand at that point; a few months after my return to Germany I came back to the States, & started going to AA to put my life back together.

Do you have a green thumb? Have aquariums, or other pets? Other interactions with living things? How do you live in harmony with life in your own small space of the world?

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Nammu, Soupe du jour