Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 16, 2021 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJean View Post
Alive 99 I do relate. I tried doing an accountability group with some other consultants and found I was the one having problems keeping the commitments and then felt worse because they didn't feel challenged enough.

I have struggled with motivating myself a lot this last 6 months. I wish I had good advice, but I too feel lost as to how to find people or a group irl that will help.
Ah I see. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues too with this. Maybe there need to be different "levels" for these accountability partners/groups Because we are not all at the same phase in recovery, I think.

When I tried working with accountability partners before in the informal way, one person was really flaky (not on this forum), then with two other people I was able to do the commitments okay but I did not have many, only like 1-2 hours a day because I had an easier period with work too. And then I just got low at one point and then I suddenly couldn't do any of it at all.

Are you going to try the subreddit or the discord server? I don't really use reddit but I do have discord installed from earlier. And discord is more interactive than reddit.

Quote:
I managed to finish getting samples out to client and took my car in for a very expensive repair. I'm glad both are done. I did not return the clothes yet, that is planned for this afternoon.
That's great! I don't know what the samples are about but this sounds work related. Do you do remote work too or this is totally different?

Quote:
So today I plan to:
1. Return clothes
2. Get blood test dr. wants for next week's dr. appt.
3. Finish report I wanted to have done last week (or at least work on it for an hour).
4. Call my sister - I've been avoiding this because she doesn't understand my depression and then I get upset.
What is it that your sister doesn't understand about your depression? I'm genuinely interested if you don't mind sharing about this.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, hvert

Thanks for this!
TJean