Bill3
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2009
24.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2021 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
"So instead you wonder if there is a very small way that you can involve yourself in food assistance. You then realize that you could bring three small items you already have at home, and can spare"

I mean this consists of a few steps:

1. Actually remember that I can try and find a small way (I forget a LOT of the time)
2. Believe that me finding a small way for now will help enough (be patient)
3. Believe that I can actually find a small way
4. Rev my mind up/put it into gear to find options (such as, finding these three small items), thanks to being able to believe these things, or being positive enough, having enough positive energy to rev it up or whatever?
Well! You went right into doing what I was talking about--you broke up the task into smaller steps!!

You are focused on your fourth step, coming up with the smaller tasks. That is something you can practice at home. Whenever something seems daunting around your place, you can practice by thinking up ways to subdivide it. Like for a basic example it is too much to clean your living space all at once, let's say, and you are blocked. How might you get started? Vacuum one room per day, dust a half of a room per day, do just one load of laundry, etc. There are many ways the task could be broken up. You could practice the step of coming up with smaller tasks by identifying many of those ways.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Alive99, Breaking Dawn, Quietmind 2