Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2021 at 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
When you say it's been a long time, how long?

I have two thoughts: it could be ADHD or depression. When I'm in a depressive episode, it's like my mind is foggy and I can't focus or remember anything. So if it comes and goes, it could be depression.

If it's a constant thing that you've had since you were a kid, it could be ADHD.

Either way, you'll need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis and treatment plan. There are medications that can help. With my meds, I can hold down a full time job.

I like the idea of making these distinctions like you did it.

It's true with ADHD that it's from childhood as it's simply a differently wired brain. And I've heard before that with depression people experience a fog like that. I think I only ever experienced that kind of fog for like an hour or two before I snapped out of it because I got angry because it was so NOT me.

So I am wondering what other categories are there for concentration problems. Because mine seems to be in a third category. It's caused by cPTSD so I wonder if there's some knowledge out there on a cPTSD variant of concentration problems. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Though mine is almost resolved, it's improved a lot over several years...
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Werewoman