Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2021 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
Well! You went right into doing what I was talking about--you broke up the task into smaller steps!!

Heh it actually took me a few months of recent observation, that's what I used to write out this list of steps here.

And I kinda have to practice always remembering that I can get to believe in the first 3 steps. Like, I always forget still. It needs a lot of practice lol.

But yeah, it helped writing out those mental steps.

Quote:
You are focused on your fourth step, coming up with the smaller tasks. That is something you can practice at home. Whenever something seems daunting around your place, you can practice by thinking up ways to subdivide it. Like for a basic example it is too much to clean your living space all at once, let's say, and you are blocked. How might you get started? Vacuum one room per day, dust a half of a room per day, do just one load of laundry, etc. There are many ways the task could be broken up. You could practice the step of coming up with smaller tasks by identifying many of those ways.
I mean, I did this fine before trauma hit me too much. I'm trying to relearn what once used to be automatic and easy. lol but yeah.

You are making me think about this again though.

So the cleaning example is simpler because it's like, familiar too. My biggest issue is with tasks that involve a completely new topic. A lot of my remote work stuff requires that.

That is what I have to relearn the most, dealing with new stuff.

Where you mention that there are many ways to break up the task into parts/ways of doing it, and you identifying those many ways is how you can come up with the way to do the actual task... That was interesting.

That is basically exactly like what I mentioned in my post above... you are revved up enough to think of all that (or at least a few of the most sensible options) and juggle all that and then quickly put together what fits best. Being adaptable and flexible in this way.

That's how I used to be.

That's what's required for all those work tasks involving a new topic/whatever new thing.

I do have one recurring work task that's basically always the same thing, very repetitive. I find it's easiest for me to do that task.

But everything else...even if just a little new stuff..... um, yeah. Have to relearn this and have enough positive energy for it. That's where social support was coming to mind lol.

Also... Today I got up feeling okay, tired because I still have sleep debt but I felt good. And I felt like I could do this a bit, this "revving up" and "juggling stuff" and all that. The positive energy was there....it's also tiring me out though. I'm tired out already lol.

I want to find out how to be like, not let it tire me out. It's probably because the positive energy - if it comes from myself - "invalidates" the negative emotions (the ones that are still unprocessed). I know depression etc can be like that.

I am not sure why if it comes from others, the positive energy, why it then isn't "invalidating" but instead I take it up fine and it helps me. Weird. Does anyone have any idea on that? Or is it just simply how humans work, needing the social support for more positive energy?

I understand there are limits to social support too, of course. And I'm able to accept that if I do a lot of this stuff alone then it takes a loooong time to get to fully recover/recover enough anyway.

I wrote more here but I put it in my journal thingy instead because it was going too far from the original topic.

So yeah.... It's gonna take time on my own to get back to fully normal with it.

But talking about how to learn & relearn all this also helps, it gives me hope too, and like, just a little step forward each time. So thank you for all your input! If you have any other thoughts, feel free to add more, if not, that's fine too, just saying.

Thanks for this!
Bill3