Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2021 at 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job 30 26 View Post
SP, how are you? There is a line by epicurus that goes something like, never say you lost her, only that you've given her back. I found that when I was trying to write something for my grandfather's funeral... I don't know if you can sit still and read a book, but there was a poet named Tennyson, he lost his best friend and grieved for years. He wrote a book length poem named In Memoriam, it's about science, his faith, and his great loss, him trying to come to some understanding as he wrestled with life's contradictions.

Thanks Job, I will try to find it, maybe for the weekend though. I have to work but it’s mostly craft projects so I can’t be crying etc which reading has made me do in the past. It was funny well sort of when I got in the car after work that song save your tears for another day came on. Anyway we are also having the summer reading challenge which they have decided for staff that if you win you get a day off paid which is awesome.also I read a couple of books on grief and one called when breath becomes air has really helped. It’s about an MD who died of cancer and spoiler he dies before finishing the book but the insights he has in his last days are really helpful. The suddenness of the death conveys how it really is, and his wife finishes the book from her perspective. But one of the things he says is one more glass of wine with someone won’t make you love them more. Basically there is never enough time and doing one more thing together won’t make them love you more because it’s already at a maximum love [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
Desoxyn, Job 30 26, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Ceara1010, Desoxyn, Job 30 26, newtus, WastingAsparagus