View Single Post
Angelique67
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2021 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
Helen (new cat) is doing better. She is taking her medicine like a champ now and last night she slept on my lap for about 45 minutes while I was in the living room. Introducing her to Amelia didn't go so well. Amelia was scared and wanted out of there. Helen just looked at her and didn't respond. I rewarded Amelia for meeting Helen with food but she's been pretty scarce around the house since she realized she's not the only cat there. She did sniff under Helen's door this morning which I took as a good sign.

Helen just wants to stay in her safe zone in the spare bedroom but I have to work on getting her to find safe zones in other areas of the house, particularly because my sister is coming for my birthday at the end of the month and Helen will need to vacate the room. So I have been trying to help her explore the house. I think it's hard with the Elizabeth collar on. She bumps into stuff and then backs up awkwardly and then starts again. Unfortunately, the Elizabeth collar can't come off until the 24th so she still has a ways.

This weekend I plan to work on Helen getting out of the room more, since I won't be at work. I plan to make that my number 1 priority. And she didn't make as big of a mess with her litter last night. She still managed to get a fair bit out of the box but it wasn't as huge of a pile as it was the past two days. So she's coming along. The nap on my lap was the best last night! Rarely would Esther sit with me on my lap like that. And Amelia has done so infrequently, usually in the morning when no one else is up. But for Helen to do so when Mom and Dad and Emma were in the room too was pure gold.
My cat was a love bug. She was either on my lap or tucking her head under my chin purring like a locomotive. I had her since she was a young kitten, which helps a lot, and she was a strictly indoor cat which makes a difference too. I let her go out if she wanted fresh air but usually she would just stand there confused lol. It sounds like Helen is getting more comfortable in her new home. [emoji3531]

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty