Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2021 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJean View Post
Alive 99: I am a self-employed consultant and I contacted some peers with a list of research questions back in March and April and planned to write it up and then distribute it to the same group of people. Now I'm dragging my feet on getting the results/research out to potential clients and peers. So it keeps appearing on my task list. I tend to have really productive months then I have very low productivity months. I used to mainly work at client offices before the pandemic. I now mostly do the work from home and some days the only thing I feel I accomplish is doing the "paid" work.

Ah I see. Yeah I think home office sucks ***, like it's TOTALLY UNHEALTHY mentally. It's just wrong on so many levels, I could write a loooooong essay on it.

A BIG part of my problem is that I'm doing home office!!

Though it would be mitigated by being VERY regularly checked up on. Every day. I'm trying to find accountability partners rightnow on that server that hvert mentioned. Are you interested in joining it too?

Oh, and where I said earlier, "then with two other people I was able to do the commitments okay but I did not have many, only like 1-2 hours a day because I had an easier period with work too. And then I just got low at one point and then I suddenly couldn't do any of it at all".... I mean, I couldn't do it nicely during the day. Only at night, ugh.

Also I'm not sure if you skipped my earlier post entirely. Or if the question about depression was too private. Let me know please
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, hvert, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
TJean