Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2021 at 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
Quietmind, you don't have to negotiate anything about your life choices. You need money so you need a job, that's the end of it. What is there to negotiate? Frankly, it's none of your partner's business. However, if you don't want a job and you find it convenient to hide behind your partner's attempt to control your decisions, that's a different matter. I say this without judgement and as someone who hates work and seizes upon the slightest chance to not work. Anyway, whether you do paid work or not, I think the important thing is that you are deciding and you are making the right decisions for you.

Also, if you don't do paid work, you are still working in other ways. Therapy itself is work and it's tiring, although of course these kinds of abstract work commitments are not paid. They should be. I would be a millionaire.
I appreciate your post.

I think my issue is yes I want to work but I'm afraid of upsetting him. But then, that also does point to the issue of why am I so approval seeking that I'm stewing in anxiety although I absolutely know what's the right decision for me?

In a way it's like I'm reacting as though he's like the perpetrators in my family - like my life choices must be defended, apologised for, that I'll be hit and shamed if I make an unapproved choice.

Thank you. I'll be going through job ads on various sites a few hours each day.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Lemoncake, unaluna