View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Jun 21, 2021 at 06:53 AM

Hopelessly behind here so i will just write a quick note about myself.

I AM NOW FULLY VACCINATED!!!

I attended an outdoor mass-vaccination event put on by a Muslim woman doctor. There were souvenir t-shirts for $20 and i slept in mine! All the proceeds went to a Muslim women's shelter.

It was by invitation-only and i suspect i was only invited because i offered to volunteer and mentioned my city councilor's name (said he could vouch for me) for whom i have lobbied for before in the past (my city councilor) during his election and volunteered for before in his mission to make public transit free.

It really pays to put out good karma!!!!!

I wasn't supposed to share the registration URL with anyone, but i was so excited when the message came thru that i shared it with my neighbor "KT" (a woman my age with whom i desire a deeper friendship, not the senior one i usually am friendly with who was already fully vaccinated) before i knew what i'd done. But after that i didn't share it with anyone else and asked KT to keep it to herself also.

Our appointments were at 2:30pm, so quite late in the day and i suspected they would be running behind and i was right. We waited an hour and forty-five minutes. But with The Delta Strain circulating, i would have gladly have waited three times as long.

The neighbor i invited is a woman i've been trying to cultivate a relationship with as she is uber-powerful and lots of fun, really, she's a good time. We've went to a pro-football game together before.

But this time she was reserved and mostly did her phone and Apple watch, ruining my dream of making faster friends with her. I can only speculate it is because she saw the scars on my arms from a
Possible trigger:
twenty-two years ago when i tried on my souvenir t-shirt that she bought me as a thank-you.

You'd think people would react with compassion, rather than rejection. But there's no accounting for people, i sure know that. Also, tho i am only 54 and closer to KT's age, i find she considers me more of a friend of her mom's who is 70.

That's no biggie, as her mom has charisma to burn also and is retired and has the time for me. So, if this friendship with KT will not progress i have still deepened my friendship with her mom who came with us to drive us and keep us company. I can still see KT occasionally for special events, but it's really only retired women who have time for me.

That's okay, there is a lot to be learned from my elders!!! Older people have better skills in maintaining equanimity, something i earnestly desire for myself as i have had trouble with being bit of a loose cannon in the past.

I dyed my hair turquoise to celebrate the Summer Solstice and vaccination day!!! It's just semi-permanent dye that washes out in six weeks, so no commitments.

It's a brand i've used before, just vegetable dye, vegan and cheap like borscht. I've got a color-shift going, as shown in my new avatar with the roots green and middle turquoise and the ends blue.

It's quite pretty, i guess it just turned out that way due to the different absorbencies of the length along each strand of hair. The brand name of the product is "Adore" and it comes in a small squirt-y bottle, white with black printing and a color swipe to demonstrate the shade. It's super easy to work with, no fuss, no muss, no scent.

Hugs,

Jane.

Last edited by Anonymous41462; Jun 21, 2021 at 07:21 AM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, buddha1too, Innerzone, MuddyBoots, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, buddha1too, Sunflower123