Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2021 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina View Post
I am not in a good place at all. I did see my T today in person. I am in Crisis. My Rage is tinged with Depression which this is my normal pattern.

I will be meeting the NP in July that is taking over for old Pdoc that retired quickly do to very poor health. I have no Idea what this NP will be like.. I have a very heavy amount of dread. If she is like most providers she will want me off Xanax ASAP I have been on it or Valium 10+ years. Fibro, PsA and numerous chronic pain is another reason I take it. My Xanax ? I told my T if she wants me off... If that is the case I will stop all psych meds and whatever happens will happen. There are no Doctors or NP's that will prescribe any Benzos as this area has a huge problem with Meth and crack makers.
I'm sorry to read that you are still feeling so unwell. I can imagine that a change in medication provider is anxiety-provoking. I would certainly hope the new NP wouldn't just stop any benzo. If they hint at it, perhaps a compromise would work. Meaning just a mini step down in dose?

My new Czech psychiatrist was relieved to hear that I had recently been weaned off of my small dose of Klonopin. However, I did tell him that I still have Ativan for "as needed" purposes, though I will say that I rarely take it. I think he likely will prescribe it in the far future, if I really need it. Perhaps your fears about your NP are more than will be the case.

Hugs from:
bizi, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Sunflower123, ~Christina