Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Jun 24, 2021 at 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssweatypalms View Post
Sure. I'm just so slow these days. I need more and more sleep every day. I'm kind of struggling with work.
Anyway, it was my mom's idea to talk more and watch movies, since she doesn't want me to stay in bed all day.
Having a pet is really great, but it's heartbreaking when they go.

Oh sorry to hear that. Don't worry about being slow. I hope you'll figure out what makes it harder rightnow. I thought it was a good sign that you needed less warmup in the morning, i.e. you've been adjusting to the situation and the load/stress, even if slowly. But if the adjustment is slow, then it is a challenging situation, and then any new added stress could tip over the balance, if anything changed recently for you.

Your mother sounds like she cares a lot.

Quote:
I can't say for sure how much, but meds definitely helped a lot. Lamictal was really scary at the beginning because of the rashes. It went away eventually, but I was so stressed out when I started. It's much better than Lithium since it gave me tremors and caused hair loss. Seroquel helped me sleep better. Without it, I'd stay in bed and wake up every now and then. But there were bad things such as dullness when I'm awake. It could be the depression or a side effect of Seroquel. I'm not sure which is which.
Thanks for the detailed descriptions on the experiences with medication.

I read antipsychotics do that, making one into a "zombie" lol, I assume they mean the dullness, I don't know, I have no personal experience with it. Tbh if it meant I was able to function doing my tasks I would take that side effect for a while/for as long as I think it's needed.

When did you first start noticing an effect of the medication? Like, in a few weeks?
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote