Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 25, 2021 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I think the idea is that research shows most people never scroll back beyond the first page when they're searching for something on Google or Bing. So if MSF is showing up on page 2 or 3 or perhaps even farther back, many people who are searching for mental health support will not see it. I don't know if that's accurate or if it even matters. But that's my uneducated assumption as to why it would matter... for what it's worth. Perhaps another member who is more knowledgeable can provide a more authoritative reply.
This is correct. Even if you rank on page 1, the number of clicks you get significantly decreases with every position decrease. So a #9 ranking on page 1 receives minimal clicks in comparison to rankings #1-3. The top advertisements and the #1 result get most the clicks. Many people don't click beyond the # 3 result. So, yes it would matter with a high volume search term such as mental health forum, which receives 6,000 searches per month. If this site could rank high, the volume of members and visitors could increase that much more.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks