View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2021 at 02:24 PM

In a way you are lucky to have those memories because then you actually KNOW where certain thoughts & feelings you have come from.

I remember thoughts & feelings but don't have a clue as to where they originated from. Sometimes I wish I could go back & view my childhood as a fly on the wall.

I remember being so embarrassed by my parents I didn't want anyone to know they were my parents. Not the normal kid embarrassed by their parent kind of thing but really embarrassed from as young as I can remember. I fought them treating me like a child because being the only child I thought they were trying to keep me their baby & I just wanted to grow up & get out of there. I am guessing it was probably something I overheard someone saying because those thoughts are not normal for a 5 year old....I just remember always feeling u comfortable around my parents. Therapy at age 60 helped me understand that their behaviors were weird & that I was not wrong but I wish I had the memory of what happened that made me realize it in the first place. My mom didn't drive & my dad worked nights so I didn't get out to be around other kids much except the boys in my neighborhood & I was definitely an outdoor Tomboy kinda kid....It will be a mystery my whole life

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
pachyderm