View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Jun 27, 2021 at 08:08 AM

Things still aren't great. He seems to have these massively dilated eyes. I can't tell if it is from the medication. I put him at the front door yesterday with sunlight and his eyes did get smaller without dilation so they are not "fixed and dilated" -- but he has issues with sunlight. Blinking a lot.. droopy top lid.

Today he has chosen to sleep under my bed. And though I know sometimes he does this in the summer due to heat I also can't help but think he is doing that due to pain from light.

I do think it has to be this medication. I seem to remember when I had conjunctivitis I had a similar medication and I had large dilated eyes and trouble with light.

I have made an appointment for July 28th with the vet. It was the earliest appointment I could get. I do think I have to get him checked out before the winter.

To avoid him doing damage to himself I am
1. I have made a carrier out of a plastic storage container -- that I have put about 100 holes in (it looks like someone took a gun to it). The hope is with nothing to catch his nails on... he will not do damage to himself. It also opens from the top and I am hoping they can inject him from the top with a sedative.
2. I have noticed that when I put the Elizabethan Collar on him he is very discombobulated. I will put that on him this time and thus.. he won't be able to see well to attack.
3. I have a prescription for Gabapentin... I think with all of the above options that should help keep him more knocked out.

I am considering hiring someone to help me for the day with him. Sitting in the car and making sure he does not get out of the carrier or try to.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty