View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2020
6,991 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2021 at 02:34 AM

The “blame game” and shutting people up by telling them they’re “too sensitive” are certainly both real things. My mum, I think, tried her best to raise my brother and me under difficult circumstances so I hate saying it but she’s acted very similarly towards me. I feel kind of distant from her now, which is partly because of not knowing what kind of support, if any, I’d get when I had an issue.
I’ve been blamed for stuff I technically couldn’t have done/caused (she once implied my new car nearly got T-boned at a junction because I drive “too fast”, not because the other driver wasn’t paying attention and missed me by a couple of inches. Being able to control other cars would be a brilliant power to have, not gonna lie, but sadly I can’t! )
It really doesn’t matter whether anyone else would disagree that this was neglect or abuse. Your opinion on how it impacted you is really what counts. A good therapist would validate and help you, so don’t discount seeing one if you still want to talk to someone.
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
filipendula