View Single Post
StrugglingMama

Member Since Sep 2020
42 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2021 at 09:02 AM

In response to the post from the woman writing about her age and feelings. I am 49, and menopause is real, BUT, to be honest, the medical community just looks at it like a hormonal imbalance and that women "get that way" when the age. I disagree!!! I think it is a time in our life that God/the universe finally provide us the time where we are allowed to not just be the warm, comforting, always thinking of others caretakers. It is a time in our lives where we are supposed to be able to expect others to do those things for us, finally show the appreciation and respect we deserve but didn't always get. Yes, there can be balances missing chemically, but I think it is more than that. We are no longer child bearing age, but we are powerful and ready to stand up for ourselves in ways we may not have been permitted to before. The problem is, it usually isn't received well, and we get written off, ridiculed, and denied of our life's unmet needs. Just some random thoughts.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, TunedOut, Werewoman, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
Werewoman