View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Jul 02, 2021 at 06:05 AM

So after coming off the eye medication my cat's eyes seem better. The dilation and the running has improved. He is still doing a lot of blinking but I would say everything has gone down about 50%.

So I have decided to try helping out his immune system. In case it is a case of a virus getting ahold of him. I bought a supplement. He has been on it for two days and most of the two days have been better.

But also, while I wait for the vet appointment I asked my vet to give me a urine cup for a urinalysis. That could give me a hint as to several problems.. such as Kidney or Diabetes.

If Kidney the concentration of the urine will be dilute... if diabetes the urine should have some sugar in it. If those things are negative it might give me a hint as to if he is seriously sick. If positive I will know I have to take him in.

Since he seems so happy and well adjusted otherwise I have trouble believing it is kidney or diabetes.

I had a cat with kidney issues once and about 4 years before her passing she never played at all. This one is happy to play.

I also have fed my cat only wet food for about 7 years so I Find it hard to believe it would be diabetes.

I literally worry he is somewhat afraid / sick of me / pawing at him and that is one reason for him not looking at me or blinking. If he wasn't blinking a lot I would pronounce him cured. His blinking is very deliberate and, from what I can see, mostly when he looks at me.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty