Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 02, 2021 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliebrown1979 View Post
I'm 42 and have avpd. After so many rejections from people and my family I've finally decided to accept this illness as who i am and I'm gonna stop being social because it hurts. Its beyond therapy to get better, these traits and behavior are engrained in my mind. I have all symptoms. When I'm around peolple i want to run away from them as soon as possible, i only feel comfortable with myself. I have the social maturity of a child. I'm way too inhibited to have conversations, friends or girlfriends. Even after a few drinks its the same thing. When I'm rejected or criticized its fustrating and hurtful beyond words, it makes me want to hide from the world. I thought about making face to face avpd friends but that proble won't work either. I'm done trying, at least i won't be hurt anymore. I'm totally paranoid of people and i see them as potential enemies unless they show me right away that they like me. I've always worked alone and always will. I would like to chat if anyone is interested.
All my family rejected me, and told me I was a ''child''. They are narcissists (yes I have read many books and articles ) so are not exactly emotionally ''mature'' but are skilled at Projection. Sorry about the rant. Feel free to PM me. I have made some good friends on these forums, most people are friendly, as they know how it feels to be hurt, misunderstood and rejected.

I was dxd with avpd but I suspect it was part of a salad of dxs to get rid of me as he (and others) did not (and do not) have a ''cure''.....

It can get ''better'' though, in my opinion. Posting here is a good start. I do not bite even though I am a bear.

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3