View Single Post
Jawshx
Newly Joined
Jawshx has no updates.

2 yr Member
Default Jul 03, 2021 at 04:18 AM

So I’ve been with my partner for the past 3 years.. and to say it is an emotional rollercoaster would probably be an understatement. We really have an amazing connection- at least when the Bipolar isn’t troubling him.

However this past Monday he told me that he couldn’t trust me and needed some space and that I shouldn’t message him for 2 weeks. But then later on in the day apologized for his abrupt tone, told me he loved me but needed time for him to look at our relationship from a fresh perspective. I told him I’d give him space if he needs it but thought if there were issues that it would be better to talk it out once he was feeling better. Later on in the night he told me he was upset that I couldn’t be by his side and how much he loved me. The next day was a complete 180 and he has been pretty cold to me since.

The lack of trust on his side and the catalyst of his feelings this time around probably stems from the fact that I noticed several times in the past that money was missing from my wallet. Not huge sums but enough to make me cautious. I didn’t want to confront him about it as I had no proof, apart from the fact that he is notoriously bad with his finances. So I started hiding it from him. He found out I was hiding it andwas (probably rightfully) hurt. I apologized and felt guilty for it and told him I would be more open with him from now on.

Now, I also have a history of depression. As a person I’m naturally very sensitive and acute to changes in my partners moods and it can also affect me in a really negative way, too. I guess what I’m asking is, should I give him time alone? I’ve tried my best to keep my distance for this past week but it’s really hard because I do deeply care for and love him.. and being apart is really negatively affecting my mood, especially when he hasn’t given me a chance to explain myself or talk it out together.

During our relationship I’ve always tried to be as supportive as I can, even during the difficult times. But I feel like it’s slowly taking it’s toll on me, too. And his sudden tendency to go from loving to hostile is really difficult.

Sorry if this came out as word vomit, but any advice would be appreciated!
Jawshx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote