Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2021 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
I have a lot of anxiety about posting, especially after I've been away for a while. Although most people on these forums have always been kind to me I have had a few, frankly, scary experiences on other ''support'' forums. And I am NOT usually particularly easily scared.
Hugs to you and good to see you posting because it seems like you were gone for a while.

Some of the people at PC deal with anxiety, fear, isolation, shame and probably many more things than this list includes that can effect our experiences posting. The ones I did list, I have dealt with, on and off to some extent. I wonder if they are all part of the human condition though I know that traumatic experiences at any age but especially those that happen when we are young can leave us struggling with all kinds of relationships. For me, PC, is a place that is a bit safer to talk about these things because we are "semi-anonymous" here.

However, another side of sharing is when I first came here--I think I may have done the opposite from you--I might have overshared! Though perhaps it is all a matter of opinion. Anyways, sharing does make us vulnerable but I am still learning and modifying what to share here and what I need to keep to myself; the same goes for family and friends.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, mssweatypalms

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, Fuzzybear, RoxanneToto