View Single Post
Scarbearer

Member Since Jul 2021
Default Jul 07, 2021 at 03:25 PM

Have any of you had problems being social, or more accurately, problems wanting to be social? Does behavioral therapy work? Are there any other methods people have found efficacious?

I have found that I do not like being around people or even speaking with them. This wouldn't bother me if I was able to avoid them completely but that is becoming less of a possibility these days. Employment usually requires social interaction, even if self-employed there is usually customer interaction.

I am not nervous or anxious nor even awkward when in social settings. The only clue most people have that I'm a bit off is when they find out I have no social media accounts and have no interest is attending social events. Then the rumor mill starts sputtering. When it becomes obvious I don't care about it, it only exacerbates the problem.

I have thought about telling them the truth but that seems like it would just make things worse not better. Over-shareing and telling people you don't like interacting socially is a bad sales pitch.

I'm on no medication, have never been diagnosed with anything. I tried therapy but my therapist didn't know how to help me and when I asked not to be complimented their schedule was suddenly always full.
Scarbearer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, TerryNoone, Tribica

Thanks for this!
shoez, Tribica