View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2021 at 07:25 AM

Only time I have used cutting words were mostly with my now ex after feeling like I beat my head against the wall saying the same thing over & over again without his getting it. When my patience is pushed beyond its limit cutting words sometimes are the way I respond & I don't care if conflict arises cause by that point I am usually angry.

My mother would pull the trying the guilt trip on me & my response was either "oh STOP it" or I would just ignore her let her stew in her expecting an apology from me cause she was never going to get it.

Always 2 sides to every story as to why someone responds the way they do. Sometimes broken thinking causes it, other times it can be out of frustration. I am sure there are many more reasons.

I have learned better communications skills however there are some people like the druggie people I constantly deal with up at the barn who just don't comprehend things said over & over again that cutting words just come out after being pushed. I don't hold my anger or frustration inside. I am like a pressure cooker. If I don't let steam off as irritation builds, I will explode & that would not be a good thing. The stuff I get angry about are things like them leaving the gate open & if my horse gets out of the rickety fencing area she would head down the driveway & who knows where she might end up....even with a sign on the gate they don't close it or lock it when they leave. I can only tell people things so many times along with the reason behind what I ask before being ignored triggers cutting words & a conflict especially when my horses safety is at stake

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear