View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 08, 2021 at 12:22 PM

With my long term former T I would ask her for a voicemail or a letter to hang onto (since I have trouble with object constancy also) and that really helped. But that probably isn't an option since you already had your appointment.

Other things that have helped me are journaling as if I were talking to the T. Like imagining their responses to what I am saying. Doing something nice for myself each week during the therapy hour. Whether it is going to get a specialty coffee or going to get a massage or something nice for myself during that time so it doesn't feel like a loss but it gives me something to look forward to. Being extra gentle with myself in general. Just being kind to myself.

I used to take a stuffed animal (a small one that fit in my purse) to therapy. I would hold it when my therapist was gone and it made me feel more connected. When we had to quit therapy (she got sick) I gave her an exact replica. So we each have one. When she sees it she can think of me and when I see mine I can think of her. Maybe you could do something like that.

I'm sorry if these suggestions don't help or if they seem stupid. Just my experiences. HUGS. I know you'll get through it. it's just hard. Kit

Hugs from:
Amandae8787, HopeForChange, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
HopeForChange, LonesomeTonight