View Single Post
possum220
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 09, 2021 at 01:05 AM

Hi black-roses. I hope you are successful with getting off Seroquel. A very slow taper is best. Did you know that you can get pill cutters from the chemist? They might make it easier for you to cut it. Other wise get your prescribing doctor to give you a script for 25mg.

I tried for a couple of years to get myself off Seroquel but never made it. I was on 200mg and now on 100mg. No Seroquel for me means no sleep.

I have two people in my life that are high maintenance time wise. One person was contantly messaging me on face book about her issues. I drove me batty. I found that communicating via emails cut down the contact to a reasonable manner. I would much rather see her in real life than be used as an emotional toilet. I was scared that stopping the messaging would make her angry. In the long term it is heaps better for both of us. If your friend is using health issues as the crux of the messages to dump stuff on you then that is not on. Tell them you are not a gp. Have you tried turning your phone off for half a day? Boundaries make the best friends. Good luck.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Kozel