View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 09, 2021 at 11:07 AM

Hi. I'm sorry you are going through this. I can relate. I had a long term T who went far above and beyond the call of duty for me many times. She was the only person I told most of my stuff to. She got sick with MS and we had to quit working together. It was devastating to me because I didn't feel done. In fact she was still my therapist until I found a new one. It was probably some of the hardest time in my life.

If you can, I suggest talking to her about it while you have the time. I think it is incredibly important. I had a little wind down time with my T but not lots of time. It was pretty traumatic, the end. You said that you just want to cry right now and that's exactly what I think you should do. I cried for a good six months after losing my T and I cried in session for the first time with her on the last session. That was her final gift to me. She taught me to cry.

It's good you know your options. I say after the five months goes by listen to your gut. Maybe you will be willing to find a new T at that point and conquer the childhood traumas. Or maybe you will be done. Your gut will tell you.

I'm sorry you are going through this. It is very difficult. I wish you didn't have to experience this. That you could find a natural end to the relationship. So often that doesn't get to happen. Please look after yourself. Be gentle and kind to yourself and let yourself cry as much as you need to. Keep writing here if it helps. Sending hugs your way, if okay. Kit

Hugs from:
Bill3, LonesomeTonight, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
Bill3, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, Taylor27