Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2021 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive99 View Post
I like the idea of making these distinctions like you did it.

It's true with ADHD that it's from childhood as it's simply a differently wired brain. And I've heard before that with depression people experience a fog like that. I think I only ever experienced that kind of fog for like an hour or two before I snapped out of it because I got angry because it was so NOT me.

So I am wondering what other categories are there for concentration problems. Because mine seems to be in a third category. It's caused by cPTSD so I wonder if there's some knowledge out there on a cPTSD variant of concentration problems. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Though mine is almost resolved, it's improved a lot over several years...
I have CPTSD, ADHD, and bipolar 1. Of the three, I think when I'm manic is when I am most restless and can't concentrate on anything. I pick up a book, 5 minutes later I put it back down. I go to the store and turn around and leave because I can't remember what I came to get. When the mania passes, it gets much better. I take Adderall and multiple medications for my CPTSD and bipolar 1. I may need to up my lithium and ketamine. It's always a crap shoot trying to find what works best, at least for me. I personally have never experienced a fog but then mine is severe and treatment resistant so that could explain it. I do however experience dissociation.

I have to agree with the others that you need to see a doctor and get evaluated. Smartest thing I ever did.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote