View Single Post
TerryL
Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2011
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2021 at 10:09 PM

dear CANDC, i am so glad you are so well-adjusted about your past. i totally agree that understanding others and where they came from can in turn bring great comfort back to ourselves. i was unintentionally emotionally neglected as a child which indirectly led to many years of self-doubt and issues, but it did change me in some ways for the better too. i have developed empathy that i probably would not have had if i had not gone through what i went through. and it's really true, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. but i wish that journey could have been shorter and easier. i must say age and much reflection has brought peace into my heart. i posted because not everyone can find the peace we have found. many people have deep pain that they cannot resolve. i am hoping to help people find an alternative way to heal instead of being on meds or therapy that might not always be helpful. wishing you continued wellness.

Hugs from:
CANDC