View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Depending on your illness, I think being a nurse's aide is hard work. I have psychosis with mania and found the medical field hard work. First, I don't like to be with people all of the time. So, I really was not fit for healthcare but tried to finish my education and did. However, I am not working in healthcare now. BUT, if you like to be with people and are used to working long hours while cleaning up others physically and taking care of them, then you should go for it.

I found that healthcare professionals are not understanding about someone's disability. They are probably one of the least compassionate towards people with disabilities working in healthcare. Of course, it depends on the disability. From my experience, I was glad to have nothing to do with healthcare professionals after working with them. Truthfully, I was not fit to be in the healthcare field, but I was also glad not to have to work with other healthcare professionals who mocked me and were mean to me.

So, the healthcare field is filled with good people also supposedly, I just never met them while I was working.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote