View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2021 at 07:07 AM

I think more than one person in the US was shot or killed due to an attempt to enforce Covid rules. So ridiculous that retail employees were stuck enforcing unpopular mandates. Many businesses told their employees NOT to enforce rules, just like they say to let the robbers have whatever they want. It's not worth risking your life to confront someone in these cases.

That is nuts about the health minister and the 30 person party. I wonder if he will be ousted?

Apparently my state is not doing widespread testing for Delta because the test is in short supply and is too expensive. Random sampling done by hospitals suggests 40% of patients have Delta. The most shocking statistic is that the majority of patients seeking Covid treatment at hospitals now require ICU care. They are mostly unvaccinated and unfortunately in rural areas where the hospitals aren't very good or plentiful. They are younger and slimmer than the people who were hospitalized in earlier waves.

@AzulOscuro you are on an island, right? It seems in many places (like where I live) the tourism industry's interests won out over public health interests.