View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2021 at 11:23 AM

I had a backyard party with one of my writing groups. Yay! I have a second one happening next week.
Here's an issue I'm grappling with right now. I have a lot of friends who are great people except for some quirk that drives me crazy. Usually it's that they talk non-stop or that they are control freaks. Here's the thing. They are good people otherwise, and I don't want to throw away friendships because they're not perfect. So I'm trying to 1. accept and find ways to deal with the issues in such a way that I get to enjoy the good things about these people. and 2. make my feelings known in such a way that doesn't hurt anyone. Not an easy task.

Meanwhile, I'm having fun writing. I looked up Louisiana accents on the Internet and found a couple of helpful You Tube videos. Amazing what you can find.
Jody might get dumped into a swamp. And she might go over to the dark side. I'm posting that info, because Jody lead a life so much more interesting than mine. And because writing about Jody and talking about her gives me ideas.
. I'll be going to my all-you-can-eat- Indian/Pakistani restaurant, and hopefully I'll figure out what to do with Jody.

Take care.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote