Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2014
172 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 11, 2021 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1813 View Post
I didn’t want to go to church this morning. I felt the beginnings of anxiety and knew church would make it worse. (I go with my cousin and her husband.) I went ahead and went though because I didn’t want to upset my cousin by not going. When I’m symptomatic with anxiety, depression, or mania, she freaks out and tries to talk me out of what I’m feeling…”suck it up, buttercup” type responses. I sat there in church with all sorts of panic-inducing thoughts like, “What if I speak out while the preacher is talking? I’ll be so embarrassed.” This was accompanied by my fear of crying. The message was on “Are Christians Immune to Suffering?” I knew I would cry eventually, and I did. It hit home because my son estranged himself from me two months ago, and the pain is unbearable. Does anyone else experience the fear of doing or saying something embarrassing? It’s terrible.

I didn’t go to church today because a friend of mine just got engaged and he’s been dating his girlfriend as long as I dated my ex bf . I wasn’t feeling the “be happy for them” vibe. Church can be very hard for people who aren’t happy or trying to be happy. I too get a ride to church with a friend who’s been out of town for 2 weeks and I wasn’t feeling catching an Uber or lyft either. The truth of the matter is I have my apt to myself for a week while my daughter is at church camp and honestly I just want to enjoy the peace and quiet . My neighbors kids aren’t making noise in the common areas and I’m just happy to listen to the wind in the trees, my wind chime and color.
leomama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn