View Single Post
ocdwifeofsociopath

Member Since May 2013
16 hugs
given
Attention Jul 11, 2021 at 05:35 PM

TRIGGER WARNING!!! I see this is very late, but just in case it's still applicable or helps someone with the same question, I have been married to a sociopath for 13 years. A sociopath is a psychopath that hasn't crossed the line of the, mostly illegal, things they want to do. DO NOT be in a relationship with a psychopath. As far as a sociopath goes, you will have multiple times of abuse, even if "liveable" and it's a constant power struggle. You must never let yourself believe during all the good times it's truly full love. I would not advise pursuing a relationship. Most definitely not with 3 of the 4 categories. The 4th that has had "success" is the highly intelligent, charming, work successful type. My husband and I are very close and best friends. Most of the time we have a good life and are happy. We only have one unacceptable area that he has won complete control on. However, it is, to me, one of the worst things I could be put through. He achieved this through a very convincing near suicide manipulation tactic. Had I not had children in the house, I may have continued to call his bluff. As it is I felt I couldn't risk that amount of trauma to them. The area is sex. I'm very moral, very monogamous, and feel sex is sacred. It's to an extreme with me and I know we're going to Hell for what we do. I despise doing what he makes me more than I can bear. I am now his sex slave, subject to sexual abuse, physically and mentally. This includes being a sex toy for his friends, forcing sexual acts on me to get revenge, attempting to "breed" me with others, among more atrocious things I don't want to disclose. No one is the wiser. He makes me act happy and have others involved believe it's me who wants it. I'm talented at appearing completely stable. I used to be allowed to cry when events were over but now I'm required to tell him "how much I like it", make myself happy, and behave very promiscuously for more. If I show my true feelings and express any bit how much it hurts me, I'm punished for days. I go through many times of mental torture and suicidal thoughts. My purpose of saying this is not to bring attention to myself but to give you full disclosure of a relationship with something with ASPD. With all the amazing good, comes a striking bad. I think I'm able to survive because of my extremely stubborn sense of responsibility to others and morality along my knowledge of mental health and healthy coping techniques. Plus my ridiculous flicker of hope that someday he can move away from it and our deep commitment to each other. Do not have a relationship unless you're prepared for this or worse. I never thought he would ever do this to me. Keep your eyes open if you do.
ocdwifeofsociopath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Fuzzybear