View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2021 at 07:55 AM

You're still young. Please don't throw in the towel. I was a high school dropout at 16 years old and went back to school at 19 years old. Then, I finished college at 23 with a bachelor's. I went onto professional school and graduated although I was ill. Please don't give up so easily. I quit the healthcare profession but have no regrets going through it and finishing. If you want to pursue academics, find another path to do it.

I now teach online and love it. However, I am not earning much with my job. I am happier though. So, what is important to you? For me, my health is important. I live by scraping by but I am free and independent. But, if you are shooting for a well-paying job, then don't worry about getting a degree. Why don't you learn another skill? I'm trying to learn coding for my hobby. Coding is useful for finding jobs too. Or, may be you can do something else that interests you? Going to school is not a guaranteed path to financial success. I am proof of this. So, find something you love to do and go for it! Yes, some college degrees are good, such as healthcare degrees. However, I did this and ruined my health. So, I would find something you can do and that is enjoyable for you before thinking that a graduate degree is the end all and be all of your current path. Also, the healthcare field is not just medical- there is veterinary medicine, dentistry, chiropractic, herbal, naturopathy, osteopathy, podiatry, acupuncture, acupressure, pharmacy, optometry, midwifery,you name it you got it- just kidding. Anyways, you get my drift. Thus, you should not be restricted with your degree. Why don't you enhance it by looking into these paths?Also, don't forget to look into genetic counseling which is currently a trendy field. Best wishes!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
regretful