View Single Post
Favorite Jeans
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2013
1,825 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2021 at 10:16 AM

I’ve been virtual since March 2020. I now have a new therapist whom I have never actually met in person. I do FaceTime (or a different glitchier online platform/same concept) with her whereas it was just phone with old T.

I have been a frontline HCW in the covid trenches from the start. So I’ll own my bias upfront but it strikes me as bizarre and a bit precious that while teachers, for example, are expected to assume the risk of seeing 30-90+ kids a day (some of whom are crap with masks), therapists who see maybe 4-8 people per day, and could easily screen them, are not returning to in-person work. Now almost everyone in our area is at least partially vaccinated and we’re getting closer and closer to fully vaccinated. We are in an area where delta/lambda haven’t really hit (yet), the case rate is low and society has reopened to a great extent. Plus we could always go back to online if/when necessary.

For a time the vaccine wasn’t easily available, for a time kids were distance-learning and parents often had to work from home for that reason, for a time we were in a major crisis. But now none of that is true and I honestly have nothing but contempt for therapists’ unwillingness to buck the eff up and provide a decent service.

I find it galling that they would expect vulnerability from their clients while they are so intensely risk-averse that they cannot even show the fuq up under the most controlled and sanitized of circumstances. Imagine if they were called upon to show actual courage.
Favorite Jeans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed, The_little_didgee