View Single Post
Lizzie1813

Member Since Jul 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Jul 13, 2021 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssweatypalms View Post
These pandemic restrictions have been somehow comfortable for me since I don't have to meet people. I'm not saying that's a positive thing at all. Before the pandemic, I've tried showing up at meetup groups and singles parties. I'm also uncomfortable around many people and I get extremely exhausted after being to such meetings. Sometimes, they go well, sometimes not. Every now and then, I found myself regretting meeting people when I'm back home. But thinking about it again now, the more I tried, the less hurt I was when things didn't go well. Why did I do it even if it was uncomfortable? I'm honestly not sure. I guess I still have a little hope in my heart that somewhere out there, I can find people I can truly connect with.
I understand how you feel. There have been times when I could only leave home if it was required…pharmacy and doctor’s appointments. With COVID, others have had to stay home, and that’s helped my feelings some. It’s like I’ve had an excuse. Finding connections can be a challenge, I agree. Sometimes I wonder if there’s something wrong with because when I’ve tried to make friends, those people just aren’t interested in making a connection. I can relate to being exhausted after meeting people in groups. For some of us, it’s almost like a chore to try to connect. I hope you’re able to make connections here and elsewhere. Message me if you’d like to talk more.
Lizzie1813 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, dzrtgirl, mssweatypalms

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, dzrtgirl, mssweatypalms