rechu
Magnate

rechu has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM

Here they waited too long to stop the Gamma variant from Brazil, but the border closure is doing better with Delta it seems, after botching the first several cases.

It is kind of weird. There was a lot of sowing panic about having a major Delta outbreak in the area where patient zero was out and about, but either it didn't happen or they are not being forthcoming.

Well, much to my surprise they passed our whole region into phase 3 starting on Monday. Hmm, just in time for school winter break. Business like restaurants can do limited indoor dining and theaters can open also with limited capacity. Although, from what I read, many smaller businesses cannot really allow enough people in to make it worthwhile. My husband is still very reticent to go out to a restaurant or other closed space anyways, so it won't impact me too much.

The good thing is that the stupid weekend curfew ends. So, it's easier to run errands on weekends and non-essential businesses can open on weekends. We can even go to the good supermarket to the north of here.

I hope it will last this time. We made it all the way to phase 4 last November. Then, they sent the whole region back to phase 2 in December while opening the borders to let foreigners in for the eclipse. They had more rights of movement than we did! We made it back to phase 3 in January and it lasted all of a week. Since then we have alternated between phase 1 and 2.

Before they announced it, I got an e-mail from the local zoo saying they were going to open on weekends. I am not a huge zoo fan, but it is the most modern one in the country with nice enclosures and they take in rescued animals. It makes an important contribution to the local economy and we use their vet clinic for certain services because they have the latest equipment. Anyways, we sponsored an animal a few weeks ago. It was a campaign to help raise money because they have had very little income this last year but still have to care for the animals. So, I guess I am on their list, now. I figured if they are opening, that meant phase 3 for us.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated