View Single Post
Anonymous 42424

Default Jul 15, 2021 at 01:56 PM

I feel OK enough with it. I mean that life has it's different stages. One is a child and likes to play (some hurts too much in their childhood), then comes the teenage years to prepare for adulthood, some of us marry and become parents, some get divorced while others are widowed, while still others manage to save their marriage. Some never marries or find a loved one, but cope on their own. For those of us who got children, there are grandchildren and after that great-grandchildren.

I have met both sorrow and happiness in my life. Some of the sorrow turned into depression. I have learned coping strategies for that. I have got the education I wanted, the work I wanted and feel that even if I also had to struggle from time to time, I can look back upon life and see that I managed a lot.

Yes, to become old often mean physical limitation and physical pain. I feel that this stage in life has it's challenges as did the other stages, but as long as I am prepared to not let myself lose grip on my life, it is worth it. One has to create a meaning for this stage as one had to do for the other stages. I agree with Skeezyks, to become old has it's advantages as well. One don't have to pretend anymore. One are free to enjoy all the good things that are there as well.

I try to live one day at the time and take life as it comes.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
*Beth*