Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,709 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2021 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
I haven't posted here in a long time, but now I have a reason and not sure where else to talk about it. We went on vacation over the week and my dumbass brother decided it would be a good time for him to apologize for molesting me when I was a kid (also we're 5 years apart FYI). Effectively ruined the vacation for me, and I had been completely distracted by his comment the entire rest of the vacation, as one would naturally be distracted if a sibling said something like that. We had gone to visit family for a wedding, and I couldn't say anything to any family members about this or else it'd ruin the wedding, of course, and the wedding was planned for two years already.

A bit of background: my brother had already ruined his life several years ago, by being convicted of possessing child abuse images. Presumably he had been rehabilitating himself, but I'm not sure how much I buy that personally. But anyway, I'm pretty pissed at my brother about this, and I lied to him and pretended to forgive him, because, what else could I do? There was a wedding that was going to happen and if I said anything this would have brought all of the attention to me, and it could've even destroyed the family, especially if I mention anything whatsoever about his crime. I really don't know why he chose to do this while we were on vacation, he couldn't have found a weekend to do it?? I'm very pissed at him and not sure how to proceed. Also I don't want to hear any "you have to forgive him!" BS. You don't know how many times I've already forgiven people for severe betrayals, and my patience is wearing thin.

It is okay if you don’t want to forgive him snd if you feel angry at him. This is normal. I never forgave my uncle who tried to sexually assaulted me and then apologized for his actions. Only because he had admitted it in front of my family did anyone ever believe me.

Do you have any support you can go to?
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FridayT, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
FridayT, RoxanneToto