View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,418 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2021 at 03:17 PM

This marriage is over. He is offering to "do you the favor" of living with you, after the divorce, if you comply with his request. That's the craziest offer I've ever heard of, in the context of a pending divorce. Were you to accept that offer and he were to actually stay with you, I'ld bet anything he'ld continue to have relationships with other women. It would be a miserable existence for you. He sounds very cold-blooded to me.

Don't go along with this insane plan just to hold on to a house. To continue living with a man who has divorced you would destroy you emotionally. You need this man completely out of your life. Only then will you begin the process of grieving the loss of your marriage and recovering from that loss . . . which you can do. It is not you who should be begging for "another chance." I've known couples whose marriages survived one of the parties being unfaithful. I've seen love restored in that context. But your husband is saying he does not want to be in this marriage anymore (though he's willing to maybe stay in the house.) Let him go. This proposal of his is crazy. Deep inside, I think your heart already knows that this man is utterly untrustworthy. That's why you kept throwing his betrayal in his face. You were hoping for him to sincerely regret his affair, and he regrets nothing . . . except the money this is costing him. Here's another thing: ask yourself was this marriage really any good back before he had the affair. I don't see how it could have been because your husband sounds like an exceptionally selfish person. That's who he is, who he was, and who he will always be. I think your life might very well improve, if you let some other foolish woman take him off your hands. He's not worth making any deals with. I'm sorry for the pain you've been in, but I believe you can heal from that hurt, if - and after - you expel this man completely from your life.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, rechu