eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Jul 17, 2021 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyedandbroken View Post
Yes, I have been in counseling and seeing a psychiatrist myself. Him? No. He refuses to do anything. He’s threatening to move on and find someone new. But yet, he acts like he still wants to be with me. I don’t know, it’s just such a head trip. I’m so tired of it. The only good thing that would come from me not taking half of his 401k is that I would keep the house and not have to worry about refinancing or buying him out. So technically I win either way. I just don’t know. It’s just not fair. I shouldn’t have to make these decisions in the first place! But I also feel if I give up the 401k, he’s winning. There’s no repercussions to his actions. I’m just so torn.
Why would you want to stay with a schmuck like this? He is manipulating & trying to use extortion on you.

Do you have a divorce lawyer? If so what do they say about all this. They are supposed to look out for your best interest not your soon to be ex's.

Also be careful with the house also. Bottom line, if you keep the house without refinancing, his name states on the loan & if he isn't forced to sign & file a quit claim he actually still has ownership & a say in what happens with the house. He doesn't JUST give it to you without a lot of legal stuff happening. Seriously I would consider getting half the 401k & using that to help refinance the house or force the sale of the house & buy something you can qualify for on your own. You will be better off in the long run (saying this from personal experience) Liquidating & dividing all assets is the best way to end things

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Rose76