View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 20, 2021 at 04:38 AM

My bedroom is on the ground level of our house, because I hate stairs. The walls are a light grayish green with painted white strip at the top and white tall ceiling. At the end is a very large window with a view of the Moravian hills. We have a huge wardrobe closet that takes up the length of a side wall. The queen size bed, two dressers, and two mini side dressers are a light beech wood. Our floor has wall to wall carpeting in tan-brown. Curtains are sheer white lacy flowered design with heavier light-proof green curtains on top, which we pull back. We have artistic decorative items on furniture/window sill and paintings on some walls. Four lamps of different sizes and a standing wooden jewelry box. A live orchid is also on the window sill and dried flower arrangements are on one of the dressers and wardrobe, as well as two picnic baskets, one containing my dried wedding bouquet from over 23 years ago. We have pretty new bedding, with the quilt and pillow shams having flowers. We use our duvet covered down comforter all year long. Right now we have a portable airconditioning unit, but remove it in cooler months. Also have a straw trash basket and laundry hamper. Unfortunately, the road is close outside the window. A bus roars past frequently (almost 24/7), so that sometimes startles me when I am falling asleep. The room is fairly small. With so much stuff in it, it seems even smaller, but we have plenty of other storage upstairs. The bedroom opens to our living room. We keep it mostly tidy, with the bed made, though Hubby often leaves some clothes on the floor near his side of the bed. Or, he puts them on MY dresser. I throw them off.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Jul 20, 2021 at 04:59 AM..
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna